Families gathering on campus for Parents' Weekend
Thousands of moms and dads are gathering on Florida State University's campus this weekend for the annual Parents' Weekend. Numerous events throughout the weekend allow students to introduce their parents to the campus.
"As our summer season turns into early fall in North Florida, late October is a perfect time to visit the FSU campus to enjoy time with your student at Parents' Weekend," said Mark Striffler, chair of the Parents' Weekend Committee. "We hope parents and family members take this opportunity to visit us this weekend to share in the camaraderie of our FSU community and to enjoy time with their student at our various Parents' Weekend events."
The schedule of events includes:
Friday, Oct. 24
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. — "Art in Low Places": Sidewalk Chalk Competition
- 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. — Check-In and Registration at Oglesby Union
- Noon - 4 p.m. — Featured Faculty Sessions
- Noon - 4 p.m. — Educational Sessions, Programs and Activities
- 4:45 - 5 p.m. — President's Address to Parents in Moore Auditorium
- 5 - 8:30 p.m. — Picnic on Union Green
- 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. — Flying High Circus Performance and Special Pre-Halloween Show (2 shows)
- 9 p.m. - 2 a.m. — Fridays at the Union
Saturday, Oct. 25
- 6:30 - 7:15 a.m. — Late Registration for 5K Fun Run/Walk
- 7:30 - 9 a.m. — 5K Fun Run/Walk
- 9 a.m. - Noon — Tailgate Brunch Buffet on Union Green
- 3:30 p.m. — Kickoff: FSU vs. Virginia Tech
Visit union.fsu.edu/pw for additional information, or contact E'Lane Shuler, senior program specialist at the Oglesby Union, at (850) 644-6863 or email@example.com.